Studio Artist Class Information
The Studio Artist Class is a class meant to grow students' abilities technically and conceptually through a focused 4 week session of classes. Each session meets on Wednesdays from 3:15-4:30pm. Students will study elements and principles of art, in- depth techniques, and study a variety of artists to inspire their work. Each 4 week session has its own theme and focus. $60 for Museum members, $65 for not-yet members. 10 student maximum per session.
Session 1: 3D Extravaganza (January 11, January 18, January 25 & February 1)
In this session, students will use 3D materials and processes to create three dimensional masterpieces! Students will use air dry clay, paper mache, and more to explore ways to make their artistic visions come to life.
Session 2: Drawing (February 8, February 15, February 22 & March 1)
In this session, students will learn techniques of drawing and mark making. Students will learn how to draw and grow their skills by using pastels, pencil, charcoal, printmaking, and other materials.
Session 3: Digital Art (March 29, April 5, April, 12 & April 19)
In this session, students will draw, sculpt, and animate with iPads. Each week students will learn a new technique to create masterful digital art pieces.
Cancellations and Refunds:
- No fees will be returned or credits issued for failure to attend.
- There will be no make-up classes due to a student's illness, unanticipated travel or other reasons not the responsibility of the Museum of Art – DeLand.
- If a class is canceled, students will be notified at least two (2) days prior to the date of class, and tuition will be refunded. The Museum reserves the right to substitute teachers as needed.
- A refund will be issued minus a $25 processing fee for cancellation up to 7 days prior to beginning of the session. No refund will be issued after the 7 day deadline.
Check in/Check Out:
- Students cannot be dropped off more than 10 minutes before the start of class and students are to be picked up promptly after the end of class. Please let the museum staff know if you are running late. A fee of $1 per minute will be assessed for late pick up or early drop off.
- Students can only be signed out by authorized adults with identification each day.
- If any changes need to be made to authorized adults for pick up list, changes must be submitted in writing to Martha Underriner.