Studio Artist Class Information
The Studio Artist Class is a class meant to grow students’ abilities technically and conceptually through a focused 4 week session of classes. Students will study elements and principles of art, in-depth techniques, and study a variety of artists to inspire their work. Each 4 week session has its own theme and focus.
$60 for Museum members, $65 for not-yet members.
10 student maximum per session.
Wednesday afternoon sessions 3:15pm – 4:30pm
Session 1A: Drawing (September 13, September 20, September 27, October 4)
Session 2A: Painting (October 11, October 18, October 25, November 8)
Session 3A: Mixed Media (November 15, November 29, December 6, December 13)
Thursday morning sessions 10am – 11:15am
Session 1B: Drawing (September 14, September 21, September 28, October 5)
Session 2B: Painting (October 12, October 19, October 26, November 2)
Session 3B: Mixed Media (November 9, November 16, November 30, December 7)
In this session, students will learn techniques of drawing and mark making and how to creatively apply art elements into their own personal creations. Students will learn how to draw realistically and grow their skills by using pastels, pencil, charcoal, and other materials.
In this session, students will learn the basics of painting and how to use acrylic, tempera, watercolor, and more. Students will focus on understanding color and design and how to create their own unique works of art.
In this session, multiple mediums will be explored and students will be able to creatively design projects that focus on combining materials in new and exciting ways.
Cancellations and Refunds:
- No fees will be returned or credits issued for failure to attend.
- There will be no make-up classes due to a student's illness, unanticipated travel or other reasons not the responsibility of the Museum of Art – DeLand.
- If a class is canceled, students will be notified at least two (2) days prior to the date of class, and tuition will be refunded. The Museum reserves the right to substitute teachers as needed.
- A refund will be issued minus a $25 processing fee for cancellation up to 7 days prior to beginning of the session. No refund will be issued after the 7 day deadline.
Check in/Check Out:
- Students cannot be dropped off more than 10 minutes before the start of class and students are to be picked up promptly after the end of class. Please let the museum staff know if you are running late. A fee of $1 per minute will be assessed for late pick up or early drop off.
- Students can only be signed out by authorized adults with identification each day.
- If any changes need to be made to authorized adults for pick up list, changes must be submitted in writing to Martha Underriner.