Camp Create 2023
June 12 @ 9:00 am - July 28 @ 4:00 pm
Kid's Summer Art Camp
Camp Create at the Museum of Art – DeLand is back for Summer 2023! Our 6-week summer camp program will be available for 6-12 year-olds from June 12th – July 28th.
This summer our Campers will explore all of the art-filled adventures that they can dream of. Each week, a new theme will ignite their creativity and imaginations. Campers will be inspired to create 2D and 3D projects and enjoy a wide variety of age-appropriate, hands-on art experiences. Campers will participate in two sessions each day and work on multiple art projects each week. Breaks will be taken throughout the day for snacks, lunch, and games. We invite our Campers to bring their imaginations, create memories to last a lifetime, and discover the adventures that await when they make art.
Themes change weekly, so Campers may register for more than one session. Children will be placed in small groups to ensure they receive personalized attention. No previous art-making experience necessary. Visits to the Museum’s galleries will enhance the educational experience and provide additional motivation and inspiration.
Camp Create 2023 Schedule
Week 1: Up in the Sky
June 12 – 16
This week we’ll journey beyond our everyday life on the ground to explore the magical things we get a glimpse of in the sky. Campers will explore themes such as spectacular galaxies, colorful northern lights, radiant sunsets, and outer space! Enjoy an awe-striking week filled with drawing, painting, and sculpting.
Week 2: Comics & Characters
June 19 – 23
Have you ever wanted to make your own original storyline and comic book with vibrant pop art? Or have you thought of watching your favorite comic book characters and stories come to life and jump out of the page into your own artistic creations? This week is your chance to make your favorite action-packed show come to life through your own art! Campers will explore how to make their own characters and stories in different styles like anime, manga, graphic novels, and pop art.
Week 3: Color Week
June 26 – 30
Join us for a vivacious week with an array of projects that burst with lively colors! Campers will have the opportunity to draw, paint, and participate in hands-on activities to create bright-colored and vivid pieces that captivate the eye.
Week 4: Down Below
July 10 – 14
It’s time to get into the deep stuff! This week we will venture into the layers of the earth and explore the cool things that we may forget are going on beneath our very feet. Students will be able to make art based on fossils, underground animal hibernation spots, creepy crawling insects, and the enchanting twists and turns of tree roots.
Week 5: Creative Critters
July 17 – 21
Our world is filled with so many unique and snazzy creatures that are creative. (Think witty dolphins, intuitive chimpanzees, winding spiders, and more!) There are also critters that look creative, such as colorful tree frogs, rainbow parrots, and peculiar leaf bugs. We’ll celebrate our fascination for these amazing creatures through our art-making this week.
Week 6: Architecture Adventure
July 24 – 28
Did you know the cities that we travel through, stores that we shop in, schools where we learn, and homes where we reside all have an architectural design? This week we will pack our bags and explore the intricate art of architecture. Our adventure will encompass drawing, sketching our own blueprints and patterns, building, and bringing to life our envisioned framework for our creations!
Camp Create 2023 Registration Details
- Registration begins March 1 , 2023, and registration will be available on this webpage.
- Camp Create sessions for 6-12 year olds run Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Children must have finished Kindergarten to enroll.
- Tuition per 5 day weekly session: $195 for Museum Members | $220 for Non-Members.
- Register early for a $10 a week discount between March 1 – 31.
- Receive $10 a week discount for registering multiple children OR a $10 a week discount for multiple weeks.
Cancellations and Refunds
- No fees will be returned or credits issued for failure to attend.
- There will be no make-up classes due to a student’s illness, unanticipated travel or other reasons not the responsibility of the Museum of Art – DeLand.
- If a class is canceled, students will be notified at least two (2) days prior to the date of class, and tuition will be refunded. The Museum reserves the right to substitute teachers as needed.
- A refund will be issued minus a $25 processing fee for cancellation up to 7 days prior to beginning of the session. No refund will be issued after the 7 day deadline.
Check In/Check Out
- Students cannot be dropped off more than 15 minutes before the start of class and students are to be picked up promptly after the end of class. Please let the museum staff know if you are running late. A fee of $1 per minute will be assessed for late pick up or early drop off.
- Students can only be signed out by authorized adults with identification each day.
- If any changes need to be made to authorized adults for pick up list, changes must be submitted in writing to Martha Underriner.
- Campers should bring two snacks, a lunch, and water bottle with them in clearly labeled containers each day. No refrigeration or microwave is available.
- If your child needs any type of medications during camp, please see Martha Underriner on Monday at check in.
- Art camp is messy so please send your child with clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Campers must wear close toed shoes each day.
- Please have your child leave all personal items at home, as we cannot be responsible for them.
If you have any questions or need additional information, you may contact the Curator of Education, Martha Underriner at Underriner@MoArtDeLand.org.
Want to donate to our upcoming Camp Create and other educational programs? Consider purchasing supplies from our Dick Blick wishlist here. All material donations directly benefit our students enrolled in our camp and educational programs.